Saturday, February 6, 2010

LATEST UPDATE ON MARGUERITE HALLUM

LATER TODAY, SATURDAY / FOLLOW-UP
I have just witnessed another miracle...when I arrived at the center this morning Marguerite was sitting up, was dressed, and had eaten a full breakfast...even fed herself!!! The Hospice nurse on duty wondered why she was there:)

The people that saw her yesterday are in shock... they cannot figure out what's going on with her. She had a strong grip in both hands, no slurred speech, and no drawn face.

What a trooper she is and how good is our Lord to see her through one more time. He's not finished with her yet! Thank you for your loving concern for her. Just so thankful it is good news today.
Love to all, Teeter

6 February 2010 / Saturday morning
Marguerite Hallum served with her father and mother in Peru. They were first missionary family supported through BFM in Peru back during the 1940s and 50s. She is in an assisted living facility in DeLand FL under the loving care of her niece, Teeter Mauldin, and her husband, Steve. [See June 2009 post]

Here is the update I received from Teeter today:
Dear Friends and Family,

This is just to update you on Marguerite's status. She has been failing for the past couple of weeks...confused, disoriented, etc. and then on Thursday she had what they thought was a TIA...they had to feed her and she did not respond to people...she came out of it and then on Friday she had a stroke..that is my diagnosis. She had severe pain in her head and lost mobility and her right side was weakened.

Hospice was to be discharged this month but now they are with her 24/7.

She still recognizes me and will try to smile when she opens her eyes but most of the time she is just in too much pain. Pain management is a problem since she is allergic to so many of the '-ines'...morphine, etc. Pray for her comfort and that the Lord be merciful to His precious servant.

If there ever were a servant of the Lord in the world it is Marguerite. Thank you all for your love for her.
With love, Teeter

1 comment:

Vern Hoover said...

Hello, I am Vern Hoover. I grew up in Woodland Park Baptist Church, sang in the choir and worked for Miss Hallum in the Film LIbrary at SLU from 1974-1977. I often think of her and wondered what had happened to her. She is a wonderful woman and much loved by many, especially those of us who worked for her. She was always kind, understanding and would help out whenever she could. We struck a deal that I wouldn't be scheduled for 8:00 in the mornings and I would take her to her hair appt. on Friday afternoon. My life has been forever blessed for knowing her. I am so sorry to read of her weakened condition. However I know she has lived a full and blessed life. Given her condition, I don't know if she will remember me, but please tell her that "Vernon from Texas" sends her hugs and blessings!